After a long hiatus, I'm back at Hotel Las Palmas, Playa Blanca, Zihuatanejo. Still trying to get Casa Bamboo finished...I've decided to become my own general contractor and I seem to be making some headway. Daphne ( mommy ), my partner in this adventure, most aptly described trying to get things done down here as the equivalent to trying to pick up mercury. I've discovered the trick is to hire at least 3 people to do the one job and the chances of someone showing up are about 60 to 70 percent...it seems to be working so far, that and the fact that I'm a 'dog on a bone' when I want something.
I've been here since October 9th, but due to the mercurial ( there's that word again ) aspects of the internet I haven't been able to blog. It's up and running again, so I'll blogging ad nauseum in the coming weeks.
It's turtle season now and I was able to witness the release of 500 to 800 turtles...about a quarter will survive. There's a really great preservation program right on the beach where our house is that attempts to teach the kids and adults about the importance of preserving the turtles.





No comments:
Post a Comment