Thursday, 25 April 2013
These Boots Are Made For Walking...in the Snow!!!!
I've never received so much flack over a pair of boots! I'm talking about my fancy white "snow boots", which are water proof, snow proof, slush proof, dog shit proof, and yet, up here, I'm constantly being chastised over my choice of foot wear. Don't people realize that you can be protected and fashionable...just look at all the styles of condoms out there! They served me well last Friday night as I wandered the streets of Whitehorse wondering where all the cool people were. I was waiting at a light when a slight young fellow came up beside me clad in only a black mock turtle neck ( universal cool people attire ). I asked if he wasn't freezing, at which he looked down at my fabulous white boots and said "you aren't from here, are you?" When I shook my head, he pointed to the ol' Firehall up ahead and said that there's a gay film festival showing tonight and I'd probably enjoy it. Well he was right! There was a bar, some nibbles ( not bad ), I watched some very funny video footage of coming out stories, a very talented musician and a hilarious Indy film called 'Gaby...I'm sure you can guess the premise. Not bad for a gal from the city!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment