Sunday, 10 July 2011

Dog Spelled Backwards Is 'God'

You can put bars on your windows,  encase your casa in great rolls of gnarly barbwire, but nothing protects your property down here like a dog. You don't need a frothing at the mouth, wild eyed, Cujo-esque beast either, it just has to have 4 legs ( or 3, for that matter ) and a healthy bark. At the mention of installing an alarm system or inquiries regarding high tech electrical fencing, the pat response has been a shake of the head, accompanied with a chuckle and these three words 'get a dog'.  Okay, where do I find thus dog? Apparently the best ones find you. There are stray dogs that live on the beach and the day will come when thus dog will show up and decide to adopt you. I've been told to fix 'em up...mange, ticks, etc., give the dog a bit of food but don't make it a pet.  Sure, lock your stuff up, that's just common sense, but with a 3 legged-one eyed-ears chewed off-mutt, you'll be safe and sound...I think I'll call him 'Lucky'.

No comments:

Post a Comment